Sunday, March 15, 2009

She's still too young.


I kissed your mouth
You do not need me


I was listening to iTunes when "Volcano" By Damien Rice crept into my ears. I had an urge to take some photos. This is what i created. I have an idea of what they mean to me. Not necessarily going along with the song. This is what i gathered after taking these and from some of my own experiences in life.

So many young girls do things to be loved. Things that they should never ever have to do. some do it cos they feel they have to in order to be loved or popular. Which in fact is a blatant lie of the today's culture. i have fallen into these lies in the past and in the not so distant past. I wish i could take back those mistakes, but i can not. And i have learned some valuable lessons from these mistakes. my only hope is that young girls will have the wits to keep from making these mistakes over and over again. do not buy into the lie that you have to degrade yourself to feel wanted, loved, or important. If someone truly loves you, they will not pressure/force you into doing anything that you feel is wrong.

these photos do not even begin to scratch the surface of the feelings that i am trying to portray. perhaps someday i will be strong enough to fully tell my story. 

more photos here

No comments: