Thursday, October 23, 2008

a small moment.


Aw, today was a grand day! Slept in 'til about 11:30am, watched Without a Trace while eating cereal, and then I greeted the world. I headed out to look for a job, which is not my favourite thing to do. I applied at Chilli's to be a hostess, and while I was there conversed with one of the managers. On Tuesday, I have to go in to take an assessment test. Ah, I am very nervous about that test. However, I think I may have a chance with Chilli's. I sure hope I get the job!


After leaving Chilli's, I headed downtown to the Coffee Pot. I ordered my usual boring drink, a vanilla latte. One of these days I will order something different. I need to branch out and try something new. Walking back to my car, I have to cross the street. On the other side of the road, a man was also waiting to cross. I find it rather neat, how I may not know him at all, but at that moment we shared the same objective. When it was safe, we both ventured to the opposite side, as we passed each other, we exchanged a friendly little smile. In that small moment, I felt like we were connected on a minute level. We live completely separate lives, but for a single moment, our objective was the same. Maybe I am crazy for thinking so much of a small experience. If I am crazy, then I do not wish to be "sane."


Once I returned to my car, I headed to Playscape. The lovely fall weather we are having made my visit to Playscape quite enjoyable. While there, I drank my coffee that I purchased at the Coffee Pot, and took a few photos. I will upload the photos to my flickr. here is the link: http://flickr.com/photos/die_romantic/


3 comments:

Amanda said...

I always comment so late on these; sorry!

Sounds like a good day to me :) I love eating cereal for meals other than breakfast, lol. It makes you feel kind of rebellious, doesn't it? haha ;P

Don't worry about the test! I'm sure you'll do great! Will it be a written test or will they ask you to interact with people, as a hostess does? If so, just be yourself! GOOD LUCK!! :)

I don't think you are crazy at all for feeling the way you do about exchanging that glance with the man crossing the street. I look at it this way; people are real. They have a story. They have hopes, dreams, fears, problems, just like anyone else. That smile could have made his day! Who knows. I think it's always a good thing when being friendly/courteous to a stranger. You never know what they may be dealing with at that moment in time.

Liked the photos you posted; very nice work :)

Ttyl!
Amanda

Tesia Naomi said...

Its quite alright, dearie!

hahah, cereal = rebellious.
i love it!

I believe it will be a written test. The hostess working that day said it was "like a mini-SAT." That statement was what made me nervous, heh.

Very true. I hope I brightened his day, that be neat. People are fascinating creaetures to say the least.

Thank you very much!

- Tesia

Anonymous said...

I don't think that's weird... I like having those moments... it's like feeling connected to what we really need to be connected to hehe. if I made any sense ^.^

goodluck with the job,
hopefully you get it :)

-rae