Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October 14, 2006





October 14, 2006. Two years ago today. I find it very hard to believe that it has been two years already. So much has happen in those two years, so many smiles, and so many tears were shed. Birthdays, holidays and other celebrations came and went. There were many changes made, but one thing never changed in those two years. No matter how many tears I cried, no matter how hard I prayed, you were never present at any of those celebrations. You may not have been there, but your memory was alive in my heart. You did not attend my high school graduation, nor we were there to celebrate my 18th birthday with me; However, I felt your love in my heart.

Not a day goes by that I do not find myself thinking of you. Much to often, I forget that you have moved on, and I go in search for you to tell you a story that happened that day. I run to the living room expecting to find you watching Wheel of Fortune, but when I get there all I find is an empty room. The loss hits me, and I cry for you again. You were one of the most important people in my life, losing you is the hardest thing I have ever had to cope with. If you knew the ways i have tried to deal with pain, you would be heart broken. I have made many stupid choice these past two years. I make this promise to you now, never again will I try to come to you. I will wait patiently 'till the day comes when we are together again.

Today, Me and Grandma went to visit you. We brought new purple flowers. I think you would like them. I took a few photos of your bed with the new flowers; it does look very nice. I know that you are extremely happy in your new home, and that you still love and care for us. Remember, we love, care, and miss you very much.

Grandpa, I love you. I miss you.

With love your granddaughter,
Tessie

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Losing a grandparent is extremely difficult to deal with. I think grandparents play such an intricale part in our lives because they are so loving; and they love us with an unconditional love no less. They always want the best for us, and more often than not, they will try their hardest to always make us happy. I can only hope to be that type of grandparent some day.

I grieve with you when you grieve for your grandpa. I can tell that he meant a lot to you.
My grandmother wasn't able to see my 18th birthday or graduation either. That was actually one of those moments where it struck me and I thought, "Oh my gosh...you're not going to be there." I kept wondering if she would be proud or not, but I know she would be. And I know your grandfather would be proud of you too. :)

Take heart in the fact that you will see each other again. Sometimes, hope is the only thing that will get us through...

Love ya,
Amanda